1. [For the choirmaster For strings For the octachord Psalm Of David] Yahweh, let your rebuke to me not be in anger, your punishment not in the heat of wrath.
2. Have pity on me, Yahweh, for I am fading away. Heal me, Yahweh, my bones are shaken,
3. my spirit is shaken to its very depths. But you, Yahweh . . . how long?
4. Yahweh, relent and save my life rescue me because of your faithful love,
5. for in death there is no remembrance of you; who could sing your praises in Sheol?
6. I am worn out with groaning, every night I drench my pillow and soak my bed with tears.
7. My eyes waste away with vexation. Arrogance from all my foes!
8. Away from me, all evil-doers! For Yahweh has heard the sound of my weeping,
9. Yahweh has heard my pleading. Yahweh will accept my prayer.
10. Let all my enemies be put to confusion, shaken to their depths, let them retreat in sudden confusion.