0. A Psalm of David.
1. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2. When evildoers assail me, uttering slanders against me, my adversaries and foes, they shall stumble and fall.
3. Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.
4. One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
5. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent, he will set me high upon a rock.
6. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies round about me; and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the LORD.
7. Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me!
8. Thou hast said, "Seek ye my face." My heart says to thee, "Thy face, LORD, do I seek."
9. Hide not thy face from me. Turn not thy servant away in anger, thou who hast been my help. Cast me not off, forsake me not, O God of my salvation!
10. For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me up.
11. Teach me thy way, O LORD; and lead me on a level path because of my enemies.
12. Give me not up to the will of my adversaries; for false witnesses have risen against me, and they breathe out violence.
13. I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!
14. Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yea, wait for the LORD!