1 Chronicles, 22
1. Therefore David said, "This is the house of the LORD God, and this is the altar of holocausts for Israel."
2. David then ordered that all the aliens who lived in the land of Israel be brought together, and he appointed them stonecutters to hew out stone blocks for building the house of God.
3. He also laid up large stores of iron to make nails for the doors of the gates, and clamps, together with so much bronze that it could not be weighed,
4. and cedar trees without number. The Sidonians and Tyrians brought great stores of cedar logs to David,
5. who said: "My son Solomon is young and immature; but the house that is to be built for the LORD must be made so magnificent that it will be renowned and glorious in all countries. Therefore I will make preparations for it." Thus before his death David laid up materials in abundance.
6. Then he called for his son Solomon and commanded him to build a house for the LORD, the God of Israel.
7. David said to Solomon: "My son, it was my purpose to build a house myself for the honor of the LORD, my God.
8. But this word of the LORD came to me: 'You have shed much blood, and you have waged great wars. You may not build a house in my honor, because you have shed too much blood upon the earth in my sight.
9. However, a son is to be born to you. He will be a peaceful man, and I will give him rest from all his enemies on every side. For Solomon shall be his name, and in his time I will bestow peace and tranquillity on Israel.
10. It is he who shall build a house in my honor; he shall be a son to me, and I will be a father to him, and I will establish the throne of his kingship over Israel forever.'
11. Now, my son, the LORD be with you, and may you succeed in building the house of the LORD your God, as he has said you shall.
12. May the LORD give you prudence and discernment when he brings you to rule over Israel, so that you keep the law of the LORD, your God.
13. Only then shall you succeed, if you are careful to observe the precepts and decrees which the LORD gave Moses for Israel. Be brave and steadfast; do not fear or lose heart.
14. See, with great effort I have laid up for the house of the LORD a hundred thousand talents of gold, a million talents of silver, and bronze and iron in such great quantities that they cannot be weighed. I have also stored up wood and stones, to which you must add.
15. Moreover, you have available an unlimited supply of workmen, stonecutters, masons, carpenters, and every kind of craftsman
16. skilled in gold, silver, bronze, and iron. Set to work, therefore, and the LORD be with you!"
17. David also commanded all of Israel's leaders to help his son Solomon:
18. "Is not the LORD your God with you? Has he not given you rest on every side? Indeed, he has delivered the occupants of the land into my power, and the land is subdued before the LORD and his people.
19. Therefore, devote your hearts and souls to seeking the LORD your God. Proceed to build the sanctuary of the LORD God, that the ark of the covenant of the LORD and God's sacred vessels may be brought into the house built in honor of the LORD."