1. For the leader. A psalm of David.
2. LORD, the king finds joy in your power; in your victory how greatly he rejoices!
3. You have granted him his heart's desire; you did not refuse the prayer of his lips. Selah
4. For you welcomed him with goodly blessings; you placed on his head a crown of pure gold.
5. He asked life of you; you gave it to him, length of days forever.
6. Great is his glory in your victory; majesty and splendor you confer upon him.
7. You make him the pattern of blessings forever, you gladden him with the joy of your presence.
8. For the king trusts in the LORD, stands firm through the love of the Most High.
9. Your hand will reach all your enemies; your right hand will reach your foes!
10. At the time of your coming you will drive them into a furnace. Then the LORD'S anger will consume them, devour them with fire.
11. Even their descendants you will wipe out from the earth, their offspring from the human race.
12. Though they intend evil against you, devising plots, they will not succeed,
13. For you will put them to flight; you will aim at them with your bow.
14. Arise, LORD, in your power! We will sing and chant the praise of your might.