1. The Lord reigns; let the earth rejoice; let the distant islands be glad.
2. Clouds and darkness surround him; justice and right are his throne.
3. Fire goes before him, burning his foes on every side.
4. His lightning lights up the world; the earth watches and trembles.
5. The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, the Lord of all the earth.
6. The heavens proclaim his justice, all peoples see his glory.
7. Shame on worshipers of idols, on those proud of their worthless images. Let all spirits bow before him.
8. Zion hears and rejoices, and the cities of Judah exult, because of your judgments, O God.
9. For you are the Master of the universe, exalted far above all gods.
10. You who love the Lord, hate evil, for he preserves the lives of his faithful, he delivers them from their foes.
11. He sheds light upon the upright, and gladness upon the just.
12. Rejoice in the Lord, you who are blameless, and give praise to his holy name.