1. God presides in the divine council; he gives judgment among the gods:
2. "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked?
3. Give justice to the weak and the orphan; defend the poor and the oppressed.
4. Rescue the helpless and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
5. Without knowledge and understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the earth's foundations are shaken.
6. "You are gods," I said, "you are all sons of the Most High."
7. But now you will die like the others; you will all fall like any mortal.
8. Rise, O God, judge the earth, you who guide all the nations.