1. Blessed is the one who does not go where the wicked gather, or stand in the way of sinners, or sit where the scoffers sit!
2. Instead, he finds delight in the law of the Lord and meditates day and night on his commandments.
3. He is like a tree beside a brook producing its fruit in due season, its leaves never withering. Everything he does is a success.
4. But it is different with the wicked. They are like chaff driven away by the wind.
5. The wicked will not stand when judgment comes, nor the sinners when the righteous assemble.
6. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous but cuts off the way of the wicked.