2. I extol you, O Lord, for you have rescued me; my enemies will not gloat over me.
3. O Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
4. O Lord, you have brought me up from the grave, you gave me life when I was going to the pit.
5. Sing to the Lord, O you his saints, give thanks and praise to his holy name.
6. For his anger lasts but a little while, and his kindness all through life. Weeping may tarry for the night, but rejoicing comes with the dawn.
7. Once in my prosperity I said, "I shall not be troubled."
8. Yet it was you, O Lord, who had me stand on the rock; as soon as you hid your face, I wavered!
9. To you, O Lord, I called; to you I begged for mercy:
10. "What good would there be in my destruction, in my going down to the pit? Would my dust give you praise? Would it prove your faithfulness?
11. Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me; O Lord, be my protector."
12. But now, you have turned my mourning into rejoicing; you have taken off my sackcloth and wrapped me in the garments of gladness.
13. And so my soul, no longer silent, now sings praise without ceasing. O Lord my God, forever will I give you thanks.