1. The word of Yahweh came to me in these terms,
2. "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre: You are very proud and self-satisfied: 'I am a god, I sit like a god in the heart of the sea. Yet you are man and not a god; would you hold yourself as wise as God?
3. You consider yourself wiser than Daniel; no secret is hidden from you.
4. Your wisdom and know-how have earned you a fortune, gold and silver flowed to your treasury.
5. Clever in trade, you became wealthy and as your fortune increased, your heart became prouder.
6. But now Yahweh has spoken to you, to the one who is like God:
7. I am bringing foreigners against you, the most feared of all the nations. Their sword will challenge your wisdom and debase your refined culture.
8. They will bring you down to the pit and you will die in the depths of the sea.
9. Will you be able to say 'I am a god' when your murderers are killing you? You are a man and not a god.
10. You will die the death of the uncircumcised and perish at the hands of aliens, for I have spoken - word of Yahweh."
11. The word of Yahweh came to me in these terms,
12. "Son of man, intone a lamentation for the king of Tyre and say to him: This is what Yahweh says: You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13. You lived in Eden, the garden of God, and every kind of precious stone adorned you, ruby, topaz, emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and emerald. The trinkets on your robe were made of gold, prepared for you on the day you were created.
14. I anointed you a guardian angel on the holy mountain of God where you walked amidst the spirits of God.
15. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created until wickedness was found in you.
16. Because of your extensive trade you were filled with violence and sinned; I then deprived you of your dignity, driving you away from the mountain of God, expelling you from among the guardian angels;
17. your heart was proud because of your beauty. As your splendor corrupted your wisdom I have cast you down to the ground and exposed you before kings, a spectacle in their sight.
18. Your many sins and dishonest trade have filled and defiled your sanctuaries. Then I made fire break out in you and reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who looked on.
19. The nations who knew you are appalled. You have become an object of terror; you have gone forever."
20. The word of Yahweh came to me in these terms,
21. "Look towards Sidon and prophesy against her. You will say:
22. Thus says Yahweh: I come against you, Sidon, and I will be glorified in you. When I inflict punishment on her and make known my holiness, they will know I am Yahweh.
23. I will send pestilence against her and shed blood in her streets. The sword is directed against her from all sides and they will know I am Yahweh when the victims fall.
24. No longer will there be for the people of Israel thorns that wound or briers that prick them among their neighbors. Then they will know that I am Yahweh.
25. Thus says Yahweh: When I gather Israel from among the nations where she has been dispersed, I will use them to show the nations my holiness and they will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob.
26. They will live safely, build houses and plant vineyards. They will live in safety when I punish all those neighbors who treated them with contempt and they will know that I am Yahweh, their God."