1. I looked and saw that in the expanse over the heads of the cherubim there was something resembling a sapphire stone in the form of a throne.
2. He spoke to the man clothed in linen, "Enter by the space between the wheels under the cherubim, fill your hands with coals of fire from between the cherubim and scatter them over the city." And I saw him as he entered.
3. The cherubim stood at the right of the Temple when the man entered and the cloud filled the inner court.
4. Then the Glory of Yahweh rose from above the cherubim to the threshold of the Temple and the Temple was filled with the cloud while the court was filled with the radiance of Yahweh's Glory.
5. The noise of the cherubim's wings could be heard as far as the outer court, similar to the voice of God Almighty when he thunders.
6. Yet the man clothed in linen had been given the order to take the fire from between the wheels, in the space between the cherubim; so he went and stood beside the wheel.
7. A cherub then stretched his hand towards the fire in the space between the cherubim, took some and gave handfuls to the man clothed in linen who took them and went out.
8. At that moment I noticed this human hand under the wings of the cherubim.
9. I also saw four wheels beside the cherubim, each wheel beside a cherub. The wheels resembled sparkling chrysolite.
10. As for their appearance, the four had the same form; each was formed of two wheels placed crosswise,
11. so they could move following any of their four directions, without turning as they went.
12. In the direction the cherub's head was turned, the wheels followed without turning. Their rims were full of eyes all around.
13. In my hearing the wheels were called "whirling."
14. (Each one had four faces, the first was the face of a cherub, the second the face of a man, the third the face of a lion, the fourth the face of an eagle.
15. The cherubim mounted up - they were the same creatures I had seen by the river Chebar).
16. When the cherubim moved, the wheels moved at their side and when the cherubim raised their wings to rise above the earth, the wheels did not depart from their side.
17. When they stopped, the wheels stopped; when they rose, the wheels rose with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in them.
18. The Glory of Yahweh went from above the threshold of the house and went to rest on the cherubim.
19. Then the cherubim left, opening their wings and rising above the earth in my sight, and the wheels went with them. They halted at the east gate of the house of Yahweh and the Glory of the God of Israel was over them.
20. These were the living creatures I had seen under the God of Israel on the banks of the river Chebar. I recognized them as cherubim.
21. Each had four faces, each had four wings and they had what seemed like human hands under their wings.
22. As for the appearance of their faces, they were the faces I had seen by the river Chebar, the same likeness. Each one went straight ahead.