1. For the leader. A maskil of David,
2. when Doeg the Edomite went and told Saul, "David went to the house of Ahimelech."
3. Why do you glory in evil, you scandalous liar? All day long
4. you plot destruction; your tongue is like a sharpened razor, you skillful deceiver.
5. You love evil rather than good, lies rather than honest speech. Selah
6. You love any word that destroys, you deceitful tongue.
7. Now God will strike you down, leave you crushed forever, Pluck you from your tent, uproot you from the land of the living. Selah
8. The righteous will look on with awe; they will jeer and say:
9. "That one did not take God as a refuge, but trusted in great wealth, relied on devious plots."
10. But I, like an olive tree in the house of God, trust in God's faithful love forever.
11. I will praise you always for what you have done. I will proclaim before the faithful that your name is good.