0. A Psalm of Asaph.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled thy holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a taunt to our neighbors, mocked and derided by those round about us.
5. How long, O LORD? Wilt thou be angry for ever? Will thy jealous wrath burn like fire?
6. Pour out thy anger on the nations that do not know thee, and on the kingdoms that do not call on thy name!
7. For they have devoured Jacob, and laid waste his habitation.
8. Do not remember against us the iniquities of our forefathers; let thy compassion come speedily to meet us, for we are brought very low.
9. Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name; deliver us, and forgive our sins, for thy name's sake!
10. Why should the nations say, "Where is their God?" Let the avenging of the outpoured blood of thy servants be known among the nations before our eyes!
11. Let the groans of the prisoners come before thee; according to thy great power preserve those doomed to die!
12. Return sevenfold into the bosom of our neighbors the taunts with which they have taunted thee, O Lord!
13. Then we thy people, the flock of thy pasture, will give thanks to thee for ever; from generation to generation we will recount thy praise.