1. Unto the end, for Idithun, a psalm of David.
2. Shall not my soul be subject to God? for from him is my salvation.
3. For he is my God and my saviour: he is my protector, I shall be moved no more.
4. How long do you rush in upon a man? you all kill, as if you were thrusting down a leaning wall, and a tottering fence.
5. But they have thought to cast away my price; I ran in thirst: they blessed with their mouth, but cursed with their heart.
6. But be thou, O my soul, subject to God: for from him is my patience.
7. For he is my God and my saviour: he is my helper, I shall not be moved.
8. In God is my salvation and my glory: he is the God of my help, and my hope is in God.
9. Trust in him, all ye congregation of people: pour out your hearts before him. God is our helper for ever.
10. But vain are the sons of men, the sons of men are liars in the balances: that by vanity they may together deceive.
11. Trust not in iniquity, and cover not robberies: if riches abound, set not your heart upon them.
12. God hath spoken once, these two things have I heard, that power belongeth to God,
13. and mercy to thee, O Lord; for thou wilt render to every man according to his works.