1. To David, when he changed his appearance in the sight of Abimelech, and so he dismissed him, and he went away.
2. I will bless the Lord at all times. His praise will be ever in my mouth.
3. In the Lord, my soul will be praised. May the meek listen and rejoice.
4. Magnify the Lord with me, and let us extol his name in itself.
5. I sought the Lord, and he heeded me, and he carried me away from all my tribulations.
6. Approach him and be enlightened, and your faces will not be confounded.
7. This poor one cried out, and the Lord heeded him, and he saved him from all his tribulations.
8. The Angel of the Lord will encamp around those who fear him, and he will rescue them.
9. Taste and see that the Lord is sweet. Blessed is the man who hopes in him.
10. Fear the Lord, all you his saints. For there is no destitution for those who fear him.
11. The rich have been needy and hungry, but those who seek the Lord will not be deprived of any good thing.
12. Come forward, sons. Listen to me. I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
13. Which is the man who wills life, who chooses to see good days?
14. Prohibit your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.
15. Turn away from evil, and do good. Inquire about peace, and pursue it.
16. The eyes of the Lord are on the just, and his ears are with their prayers.
17. But the countenance of the Lord is upon those who do evil, to perish the remembrance of them from the earth.
18. The just cried out, and the Lord heard them, and he freed them from all their tribulations.
19. The Lord is near to those who are troubled in heart, and he will save the humble in spirit.
20. Many are the afflictions of the just, but from them all the Lord will free them.
21. The Lord preserves all of their bones, not one of them shall be broken.
22. The death of a sinner is very harmful, and those who hate the just will fare badly.
23. The Lord will redeem the souls of his servants, and none of those who hope in him will fare badly.