1. Unto the end. For Mahalath: the thoughts of David. The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.”
2. They were corrupted, and they became abominable with iniquities. There is no one who does good.
3. God gazed down from heaven on the sons of men, to see if there were any who were considering or seeking God.
4. All have gone astray; together they have become useless. There is no one who does good; there is not even one.
5. Will they never learn: all those who work iniquity, who devour my people like a meal of bread?
6. They have not called upon God. In that place, they have trembled in fear, where there was no fear. For God has scattered the bones of those who please men. They have been confounded, because God has spurned them.
7. Who will grant from Zion the salvation of Israel? Jacob will exult, when God will convert the captivity of his people; and Israel will rejoice.