1. Shout for joy, you upright; praise comes well from the honest.
2. Give thanks to Yahweh on the lyre, play for him on the ten-stringed lyre.
3. Sing to him a new song, make sweet music for your cry of victory.
4. The word of Yahweh is straightforward, all he does springs from his constancy.
5. He loves uprightness and justice; the faithful love of Yahweh fills the earth.
6. By the word of Yahweh the heavens were made, by the breath of his mouth all their array.
7. He collects the waters of the sea like a dam, he stores away the abyss in his treasure-house.
8. Let the whole earth fear Yahweh, let all who dwell in the world revere him;
9. for, the moment he spoke, it was so, no sooner had he commanded, than there it stood!
10. Yahweh thwarts the plans of nations, frustrates the counsels of peoples;
11. but Yahweh's own plan stands firm for ever, his heart's counsel from age to age.
12. How blessed the nation whose God is Yahweh, the people he has chosen as his heritage.
13. From heaven Yahweh looks down, he sees all the children of Adam,
14. from the place where he sits he watches all who dwell on the earth;
15. he alone moulds their hearts, he understands all they do.
16. A large army will not keep a king safe, nor his strength save a warrior's life;
17. it is delusion to rely on a horse for safety, for all its power it cannot save.
18. But see how Yahweh watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his faithful love,
19. to rescue them from death and keep them alive in famine.
20. We are waiting for Yahweh; he is our help and our shield,
21. for in him our heart rejoices, in his holy name we trust.
22. Yahweh, let your faithful love rest on us, as our hope has rested in you.