1. For the First Sabbath. A Psalm of David. The earth and all its fullness belong to the Lord: the whole world and all that dwells in it.
2. For he has founded it upon the seas, and he has prepared it upon the rivers.
3. Who will ascend to the mountain of the Lord? And who will stand in his holy place?
4. The innocent of hands and the clean of heart, who has not received his soul in vain, nor sworn deceitfully to his neighbor.
5. He will receive a blessing from the Lord, and mercy from God, his Saviour.
6. This is the generation that seeks him, that seeks the face of the God of Jacob.
7. Lift up your gates, you princes, and be lifted up, eternal gates. And the King of Glory shall enter.
8. Who is this King of Glory? The Lord who is strong and powerful; the Lord powerful in battle.
9. Lift up your gates, you princes, and be lifted up, eternal gates. And the King of Glory shall enter.
10. Who is this King of Glory? The Lord of virtue. He himself is the King of Glory.