1. As for yourself, you must say what is consistent with sound doctrine, namely,
2. that older men should be temperate, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, love, and endurance.
3. Similarly, older women should be reverent in their behavior, not slanderers, not addicted to drink, teaching what is good,
4. so that they may train younger women to love their husbands and children,
5. to be self-controlled, chaste, good homemakers, under the control of their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited.
6. Urge the younger men, similarly, to control themselves,
7. showing yourself as a model of good deeds in every respect, with integrity in your teaching, dignity,
8. and sound speech that cannot be criticized, so that the opponent will be put to shame without anything bad to say about us.
9. Slaves are to be under the control of their masters in all respects, giving them satisfaction, not talking back to them
10. or stealing from them, but exhibiting complete good faith, so as to adorn the doctrine of God our savior in every way.
11. For the grace of God has appeared, saving all
12. and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age,
13. as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of the great God and of our savior Jesus Christ,
14. who gave himself for us to deliver us from all lawlessness and to cleanse for himself a people as his own, eager to do what is good.
15. Say these things. Exhort and correct with all authority. Let no one look down on you.