1. If then you were raised with Christ, seek what is above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
2. Think of what is above, not of what is on earth.
3. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4. When Christ your life appears, then you too will appear with him in glory.
5. Put to death, then, the parts of you that are earthly: immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and the greed that is idolatry.
6. Because of these the wrath of God is coming (upon the disobedient).
7. By these you too once conducted yourselves, when you lived in that way.
8. But now you must put them all away: anger, fury, malice, slander, and obscene language out of your mouths.
9. Stop lying to one another, since you have taken off the old self with its practices
10. and have put on the new self, which is being renewed, for knowledge, in the image of its creator.
11. Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all and in all.
12. Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience,
13. bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance against another; as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do.
14. And over all these put on love, that is, the bond of perfection.
15. And let the peace of Christ control your hearts, the peace into which you were also called in one body. And be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as in all wisdom you teach and admonish one another, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
17. And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
18. Wives, be subordinate to your husbands, as is proper in the Lord.
19. Husbands, love your wives, and avoid any bitterness toward them.
20. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this is pleasing to the Lord.
21. Fathers, do not provoke your children, so they may not become discouraged.
22. Slaves, obey your human masters in everything, not only when being watched, as currying favor, but in simplicity of heart, fearing the Lord.
23. Whatever you do, do from the heart, as for the Lord and not for others,
24. knowing that you will receive from the Lord the due payment of the inheritance; be slaves of the Lord Christ.
25. For the wrongdoer will receive recompense for the wrong he committed, and there is no partiality.