1. But as for you, teach what befits sound doctrine.
2. Bid the older men be temperate, serious, sensible, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.
3. Bid the older women likewise to be reverent in behavior, not to be slanderers or slaves to drink; they are to teach what is good,
4. and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,
5. to be sensible, chaste, domestic, kind, and submissive to their husbands, that the word of God may not be discredited.
6. Likewise urge the younger men to control themselves.
7. Show yourself in all respects a model of good deeds, and in your teaching show integrity, gravity,
8. and sound speech that cannot be censured, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say of us.
9. Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to be refractory,
10. nor to pilfer, but to show entire and true fidelity, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.
11. For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,
12. training us to renounce irreligion and worldly passions, and to live sober, upright, and godly lives in this world,
13. awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
14. who gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds.
15. Declare these things; exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no one disregard you.