1. But you are to speak the things that befit sound doctrine.
2. Old men should be sober, chaste, prudent, sound in faith, in love, in patience.
3. Old women, similarly, should be in holy attire, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teaching well,
4. so that they may teach prudence to the young women, so that they may love their husbands, love their children,
5. be sensible, chaste, restrained, have concern for the household, be kind, be subordinate to their husbands: so that the Word of God may be not blasphemed.
6. Exhort young men similarly, so that they may show self-restraint.
7. In all things, present yourself as an example of good works: in doctrine, with integrity, with seriousness,
8. with sound words, irreproachably, so that he who is an opponent may dread that he has nothing evil to say about us.
9. Exhort servants to be submissive to their masters, in all things pleasing, not contradicting,
10. not cheating, but in all things showing good fidelity, so that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
11. For the grace of God our Savior has appeared to all men,
12. instructing us to reject impiety and worldly desires, so that we may live soberly and justly and piously in this age,
13. looking forward to the blessed hope and the advent of the glory of the great God and of our Savior Jesus Christ.
14. He gave himself for our sake, so that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and might cleanse for himself an acceptable people, pursuers of good works.
15. Speak and exhort and argue these things with all authority. Let no one despise you.