1 Timothy, 2
1. First of all, then, I ask that supplications, prayers, petitions, and thanksgivings be offered for everyone,
2. for kings and for all in authority, that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all devotion and dignity.
3. This is good and pleasing to God our savior,
4. who wills everyone to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God. There is also one mediator between God and the human race, Christ Jesus, himself human,
6. who gave himself as ransom for all. This was the testimony at the proper time.
7. For this I was appointed preacher and apostle (I am speaking the truth, I am not lying), teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
8. It is my wish, then, that in every place the men should pray, lifting up holy hands, without anger or argument.
9. Similarly, (too,) women should adorn themselves with proper conduct, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hairstyles and gold ornaments, or pearls, or expensive clothes,
10. but rather, as befits women who profess reverence for God, with good deeds.
11. A woman must receive instruction silently and under complete control.
12. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet.
13. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14. Further, Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and transgressed.
15. But she will be saved through motherhood, provided women persevere in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.