1. And so I beg you, first of all, to make supplications, prayers, petitions, and thanksgivings for all men,
2. for kings, and for all who are in high places, so that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all piety and chastity.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4. who wants all men to be saved and to arrive at an acknowledgment of the truth.
5. For there is one God, and one mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
6. who gave himself as a redemption for all, as a testimony in its proper time.
7. Of this testimony, I have been appointed a preacher and an Apostle, (I speak the truth, I do not lie) as a teacher of the Gentiles, in faith and in truth.
8. Therefore, I want men to pray in every place, lifting up pure hands, without anger or dissension.
9. Similarly also, women should be dressed fittingly, adorning themselves with compunction and restraint, and not with plaited hair, nor gold, nor pearls, nor costly attire,
10. but in a manner proper for women who are professing piety by means of good works.
11. Let a woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12. For I do not permit a woman to teach, nor to be in authority over a man, but to be in silence.
13. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
14. And Adam was not seduced, but the woman, having been seduced, was in transgression.
15. Yet she will be saved by bearing children, if she has continued in faith and love, and in sanctification accompanied by self-restraint.