1. Unto the end, for them that shall be changed, for the sons of Core, for understanding. A canticle for the Beloved.
2. My heart hath uttered a good word I speak my works to the king; My tongue is the pen of a scrivener that writeth swiftly.
3. Thou art beautiful above the sons of men: grace is poured abroad in thy lips; therefore hath God blessed thee for ever
4. Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O thou most mighty.
5. With thy comeliness and thy beauty set out, proceed prosperously, and reign. Because of truth and meekness and justice: and thy right hand shall conduct thee wonderfully.
6. Thy arrows are sharp: under thee shall people fall, into the hearts of the king's enemies.
7. Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a sceptre of uprightness.
8. Thou hast loved justice, and hated iniquity: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
9. Myrrh and stacte and cassia perfume thy garments, from the ivory houses: out of which
10. the daughters of kings have delighted thee in thy glory. The queen stood on thy right hand, in gilded clothing; surrounded with variety.
11. Hearken, O daughter, and see, and incline thy ear: and forget thy people and thy father's house.
12. And the king shall greatly desire thy beauty; for he is the Lord thy God, and him they shall adore.
13. And the daughters of Tyre with gifts, yea, all the rich among the people, shall entreat thy countenance.
14. All the glory of the king's daughter is within in golden borders,
15. clothed round about with varieties. After her shall virgins be brought to the king: her neighbours shall be brought to thee.
16. They shall be brought with gladness and rejoicing: they shall be brought into the temple of the king.
17. Instead of thy fathers, sons are born to thee: thou shalt make them princes over all the earth.
18. They shall remember thy name throughout all generations. Therefore shall people praise thee for ever; yea, for ever and ever.