1. Unto the end, for a people that is removed at a distance from the sanctuary for David, for an inscription of a title (or pillar ) when the Philistines held him in Geth.
2. Have mercy on me, O God, for man hath trodden me under foot; all the day long he hath afflicted me fighting against me.
3. My enemies have trodden on me all the day long; for they are many that make war against me.
4. From the height of the day I shall fear: but I will trust in thee.
5. In God I will praise my words, in God I have put my trust: I will not fear what flesh can do against me.
6. All the day long they detested my words: all their thoughts were against me unto evil.
7. They will dwell and hide themselves: they will watch my heel. As they have waited for my soul,
8. for nothing shalt thou save them: in thy anger thou shalt break the people in pieces, O God,
9. I have declared to thee my life: thou hast set my tears in thy sight, As also in thy promise.
10. Then shall my enemies be turned back. In what day soever I shall call upon thee, behold I know thou art my God.
11. In God will I praise the word, in the Lord will I praise his speech. In God have I hoped, I will not fear what man can do to me.
12. In me, O God, are vows to thee, which I will pay, praises to thee:
13. Because thou hast delivered my soul from death, my feet from falling: that I may please in the sight of God, in the light of the living.