1. Blessed is the man who hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners, nor sat in the chair of pestilence.
2. But his will is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he shall meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree which is planted near the running waters, which shall bring forth its fruit, in due season. And his leaf shall not fall off: and all whosoever he shall do shall prosper.
4. Not so the wicked, not so: but like the dust, which the wind driveth from the face of the earth.
5. Therefore the wicked shall not rise again in judgment: nor sinners in the council of the just.
6. For the Lord knoweth the way of the just: and the way of the wicked shall perish.