1. The Holy Tent itself you are to make with ten sheets of fine twined linen, of purple wool, violet shade and red, and of crimson wool; you are to have these sheets finely embroidered with angels.
2. The length of a single sheet is to be twenty-eight cubits, its width four cubits, all the sheets to be of the same size.
3. Five of the sheets must be sewed together, and the other five, also.
4. You must attach loops of violet wool to the border of the last sheet in one set, and do the same for the border of the last sheet in the other set.
5. You are to put fifty loops on the first sheet and, matching them one by one, fifty loops on the border of the last sheet in the second set.
6. And you are to make fifty gold clasps to draw the sheets together. In this way the Holy Tent will be a unified whole.
7. You are to make sheets of goats' hair to form a cover over the Holy Tent. There will be eleven sheets.
8. The length of a single sheet is to be thirty cubits, its width four cubits, the eleven sheets to be all of the same size.
9. You must sew five of these sheets together into one sheet, the remaining six into another; the sixth you will fold double over the front of the cover.
10. You must attach fifty loops to the border of the last sheet in one set, and do the same for the border of the last sheet in the second set.
11. You must make fifty bronze clasps and put them into one of the loops, so as to draw the two sets together to form one tent over the Holy Tent.
12. One sheet will be left over, half of which is to hang over the back of the Holy Tent.
13. This extra cubit is to hang over the sides of the Holy Tent as a covering for it.
14. For the Holy Tent you will make further coverings, one of rams' skins dyed red, and to spread over this, another covering of fine leather.
15. You are to make frames of acacia wood for the Holy Tent which will stand upright.
16. Each board is to be ten cubits long and one and a half cubits wide.
17. Each board shall have two arms that shall serve to fasten the boards in line; for all the frames of the Holy Tent you must do this.
18. There will be twenty boards for the southern side of the Holy Tent.
19. You are to make forty silver bases for putting under the twenty boards thus: two bases under the first board to receive its two matching arms, and so on for the other boards.
20. The other side of the tabernacle, on the north, is to have also twenty boards
21. supported by forty silver bases, two bases under each board.
22. For the back of the Holy Tent on the west, you must make six boards,
23. and also two boards for the corners at the back of the Holy Tent.
24. These boards must be joined at the bottom and also at the top, up to the level of the first ring; and the same for the two boards that are to form the two corners.
25. So there will be eight boards with their sixteen silver bases: two bases under the first board and so on.
26. You are to make five crossbars of acacia wood to hold together the boards for one side of the tabernacle,
27. and five to hold the boards that form the other side of the Holy Tent.
28. They will run halfway up the boards, from one end to the other.
29. The boards are to be covered with gold, and with gold rings on them to take the crossbars which you are to cover with gold.
30. This is how you are to set up the Holy Tent according to the model shown to you on the mountain.
31. You are to make a veil of purple wool, violet shade and red, of crimson wool, and of fine twined linen; you are to have it finely embroidered with Cherubim.
32. You are to hang it on four posts of acacia wood covered with gold and furnished with gold hooks and set in four silver bases.
33. You must hang the veil from the clasps and there behind the veil you must place the ark of the Statement and the veil will serve to separate the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies.
34. The mercy Seat you must place on top of the ark inside the Holy of Holies.
35. Outside the veil, you shall set the table and the lampstand on the south side of the Holy Tent, opposite the table, for the table will be on the north side.
36. Finally, for the entrance to the Tent you are to make a curtain of purple wool, violet shade and red, and of crimson stuffs and fine twined linen, the work of a skilled embroiderer.
37. And you shall have for this curtain five posts of acacia wood covered with gold, with gold hooks; for these you are to cast five bronze bases.