1. About Zion I will not be silent, about Jerusalem I shall not rest until saving justice dawns for her like a bright light and her salvation like a blazing torch.
2. The nations will then see your saving justice, and all kings your glory, and you will be called a new name which Yahweh's mouth will reveal.
3. You will be a crown of splendour in Yahweh's hand, a princely diadem in the hand of your God.
4. No more will you be known as 'Forsaken' or your country be known as 'Desolation'; instead, you will be called 'My Delight is in her' and your country 'The Wedded'; for Yahweh will take delight in you and your country will have its wedding.
5. Like a young man marrying a virgin, your rebuilder will wed you, and as the bridegroom rejoices in his bride, so will your God rejoice in you.
6. On your walls, Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen; they will never fall silent, day or night. No peace for you, as you keep Yahweh's attention!
7. And give him no peace either until he restores Jerusalem and makes her the pride of the world!
8. Yahweh has sworn by his right hand and by his mighty arm: Never again shall I give your grain to feed your enemies. Never again will foreigners drink the wine for which you have toiled.
9. No, the reapers will eat it and praise Yahweh, the harvesters will drink it in my sacred courts!
10. Pass through, pass through the gates. Clear a way for my people! Level up, level up the highway, remove the stones! Hoist a signal to the peoples!
11. This is what Yahweh has proclaimed to the remotest part of earth: Say to the daughter of Zion, 'Look, your salvation is coming; with him comes his reward, his achievement precedes him!'
12. They will be called 'The Holy People', 'Yahweh's Redeemed', while you will be called 'Sought-after', 'City-not-forsaken'.