1. Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2. grace to you and peace from God (our) Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We ought to thank God always for you, brothers, as is fitting, because your faith flourishes ever more, and the love of every one of you for one another grows ever greater.
4. Accordingly, we ourselves boast of you in the churches of God regarding your endurance and faith in all your persecutions and the afflictions you endure.
5. This is evidence of the just judgment of God, so that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God for which you are suffering.
6. For it is surely just on God's part to repay with afflictions those who are afflicting you,
7. and to grant rest along with us to you who are undergoing afflictions, at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his mighty angels,
8. in blazing fire, inflicting punishment on those who do not acknowledge God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9. These will pay the penalty of eternal ruin, separated from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his power,
10. when he comes to be glorified among his holy ones and to be marveled at on that day among all who have believed, for our testimony to you was believed.
11. To this end, we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and powerfully bring to fulfillment every good purpose and every effort of faith,
12. that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, in accord with the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.