1. The Lord created man out of earth, and turned him back to it again.
2. He gave to men few days, a limited time, but granted them authority over the things upon the earth.
3. He endowed them with strength like his own, and made them in his own image.
4. He placed the fear of them in all living beings, and granted them dominion over beasts and birds.
6. He made for them tongue and eyes; he gave them ears and a mind for thinking.
7. He filled them with knowledge and understanding, and showed them good and evil.
8. He set his eye upon their hearts to show them the majesty of his works.
10. And they will praise his holy name, to proclaim the grandeur of his works.
11. He bestowed knowledge upon them, and allotted to them the law of life.
12. He established with them an eternal covenant, and showed them his judgments.
13. Their eyes saw his glorious majesty, and their ears heard the glory of his voice.
14. And he said to them, "Beware of all unrighteousness." And he gave commandment to each of them concerning his neighbor.
15. Their ways are always before him, they will not be hid from his eyes.
17. He appointed a ruler for every nation, but Israel is the Lord's own portion.
19. All their works are as the sun before him, and his eyes are continually upon their ways.
20. Their iniquities are not hidden from him, and all their sins are before the Lord.
22. A man's almsgiving is like a signet with the Lord and he will keep a person's kindness like the apple of his eye.
23. Afterward he will arise and requite them, and he will bring their recompense on their heads.
24. Yet to those who repent he grants a return, and he encourages those whose endurance is failing.
25. Turn to the Lord and forsake your sins; pray in his presence and lessen your offenses.
26. Return to the Most High and turn away from iniquity, and hate abominations intensely.
27. Who will sing praises to the Most High in Hades, as do those who are alive and give thanks?
28. From the dead, as from one who does not exist, thanksgiving has ceased; he who is alive and well sings the Lord's praises.
29. How great is the mercy of the Lord, and his forgiveness for those who turn to him!
30. For all things cannot be in men, since a son of man is not immortal.
31. What is brighter than the sun? Yet its light fails. So flesh and blood devise evil.
32. He marshals the host of the height of heaven; but all men are dust and ashes.