1. A psalm of a canticle, for the sons of Core, on the second day of the week.
2. Great is the Lord, and exceedingly to be praised in the city of our God, in his holy mountain.
3. With the joy of the whole earth is mount Sion founded, on the sides of the north, the city of the great king.
4. In her houses shall God be known, when he shall protect her.
5. For behold the kings of the earth assembled themselves: they gathered together.
6. So they saw, and they wondered, they were troubled, they were moved:
7. trembling took hold of them. There were pains as of a woman in labour.
8. With a vehement wind thou shalt break in pieces the ships of Tharsis.
9. As we have heard, so have we seen, in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God: God hath founded it for ever.
10. We have received thy mercy, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
11. According to thy name, O God, so also is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of justice.
12. Let mount Sion rejoice, and the daughters of Juda be glad; because of thy judgments, O Lord.
13. Surround Sion, and encompass her: tell ye in her towers.
14. Set your hearts on her strength; and distribute her houses, that ye may relate it in another generation.
15. For this is God, our God unto eternity, and for ever and ever: he shall rule us for evermore.