1. A psalm for David. The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing.
2. He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment:
3. he hath converted my soul. He hath led me on the paths of justice, for his own name's sake.
4. For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me.
5. Thou hast prepared a table before me against them that afflict me. Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!
6. And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.