1. When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language;
2. Judah was his sanctuary, [and] Israel his dominion.
3. The sea saw [it], and fled: Jordan was driven back.
4. The mountains skipped like rams, [and] the little hills like lambs.
5. What [ailed] thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, [that] thou wast driven back?
6. Ye mountains, [that] ye skipped like rams; [and] ye little hills, like lambs?
7. Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;
8. Which turned the rock [into] a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters.