1. [For the choirmaster On the . . . of Gath Of the sons of Korah Psalm] How lovely are your dwelling-places, Yahweh Sabaoth.
2. My whole being yearns and pines for Yahweh's courts, My heart and my body cry out for joy to the living God.
3. Even the sparrow has found a home, the swallow a nest to place its young: your altars, Yahweh Sabaoth, my King and my God.
4. How blessed are those who live in your house; they shall praise you continually. Pause
5. Blessed those who find their strength in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
6. As they pass through the Valley of the Balsam, they make there a water-hole, and -- a further blessing -- early rain fills it.
7. They make their way from height to height, God shows himself to them in Zion.
8. Yahweh, God Sabaoth, hear my prayer, listen, God of Jacob.
9. God, our shield, look, and see the face of your anointed.
10. Better one day in your courts than a thousand at my own devices, to stand on the threshold of God's house than to live in the tents of the wicked.
11. For Yahweh God is a rampart and shield, he gives grace and glory; Yahweh refuses nothing good to those whose life is blameless.
12. Yahweh Sabaoth, blessed is he who trusts in you.