1. [Of David, when he had feigned insanity before Abimelech, and Abimelech sent him away] I will bless Yahweh at all times, his praise continually on my lips.
2. I will praise Yahweh from my heart; let the humble hear and rejoice.
3. Proclaim with me the greatness of Yahweh, let us acclaim his name together.
4. I seek Yahweh and he answers me, frees me from all my fears.
5. Fix your gaze on Yahweh and your face will grow bright, you will never hang your head in shame.
6. A pauper calls out and Yahweh hears, saves him from all his troubles.
7. The angel of Yahweh encamps around those who fear him, and rescues them.
8. Taste and see that Yahweh is good. How blessed are those who take refuge in him.
9. Fear Yahweh, you his holy ones; those who fear him lack for nothing.
10. Young lions may go needy and hungry, but those who seek Yahweh lack nothing good.
11. Come, my children, listen to me, I will teach you the fear of Yahweh.
12. Who among you delights in life, longs for time to enjoy prosperity?
13. Guard your tongue from evil, your lips from any breath of deceit.
14. Turn away from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.
15. The eyes of Yahweh are on the upright, his ear turned to their cry.
16. But Yahweh's face is set against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
17. They cry in anguish and Yahweh hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.
18. Yahweh is near to the broken-hearted, he helps those whose spirit is crushed.
19. Though hardships without number beset the upright, Yahweh brings rescue from them all.
20. Yahweh takes care of all their bones, not one of them will be broken.
21. But to the wicked evil brings death, those who hate the upright will pay the penalty.
22. Yahweh ransoms the lives of those who serve him, and there will be no penalty for those who take refuge in him.