1. [For the choirmaster Tune: 'The oppression of distant princes' Of David In a quiet voice When the Philistines seized him in Gath] Take pity on me, God, as they harry me, pressing their attacks home all day.
2. Those who harry me lie in wait for me all day, countless are those who attack me from the heights.
3. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you,
4. in God, whose word I praise, in God I put my trust and have no fear, what power has human strength over me?
5. All day long they carp at my words, their only thought is to harm me,
6. they gather together, lie in wait and spy on my movements, as though determined to take my life.
7. Because of this crime reject them, in your anger, God, strike down the nations.
8. You yourself have counted up my sorrows, collect my tears in your wineskin.
9. Then my enemies will turn back on the day when I call. This I know, that God is on my side.
10. In God whose word I praise, in Yahweh whose word I praise,
11. in God I put my trust and have no fear; what can mortal man do to me?
12. I am bound by the vows I have made, God, I will pay you the debt of thanks,
13. for you have saved my life from death to walk in the presence of God, in the light of the living.