1. Remember David, O Lord, and all his readiness,
2. how he swore an oath to the Lord, to the Mighty One of Jacob.
3. "I will not enter my house nor get into my bed,
4. I will give no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids,
5. until I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
6. Then came the news, "The Ark is in Ephrathah, we found it in the fields of Jaar."
7. Let us go to where he dwells and worship at his footstool!
8. Arise, O Lord, and come to your rest, you and the ark of your might.
9. May your priests be arrayed as for a triumphing; may your faithful ones shout in gladness.
10. For the sake of your servant, David, do not turn away the face of your anointed.
11. The Lord swore to David a promise, and he will remain true to it: "I will keep your descendance on your throne.
12. If your sons keep my covenant and the decrees I have taught them, their sons, too, will sit forever upon your throne."
13. For the Lord has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his dwelling:
14. "This is my resting place forever; this I prefer, here will I dwell.
15. I will bless its fruits, its bread, and the poor will be satisfied.
16. I will clothe its priests with glory and its faithful will sing in gladness.
17. From here a savior shall come forth, a son of David; here shall shine forever the lamp of my anointed.
18. In shame will I clothe his enemies, but upon his head a crown shall shine."