1. Alleluia! Blessed is the one who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commands.
2. His children will be powerful on earth; the upright's offspring will be blessed.
3. Wealth and riches are for his family, there his integrity will remain.
4. He is for the righteous a light in darkness, he is kind, merciful and upright.
5. It will be well with him who lends freely, who leads a life of justice and honesty.
6. For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered and loved forever.
7. He has no fear of evil news, for his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.
8. His heart is confident, he needs not fear, he shall prevail over his foes at the end.
9. He gives generously to the poor, his merits will last forever and his head will be raised in honor.
10. The wicked will see this and be furious: they will gnash their teeth in seething envy. The desire of the wicked will fail.