1. O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; answer me, you who are righteous and faithful.
2. Do not bring your servant to judgment, for no mortal is just in your sight.
3. The enemy has pursued me, crushing my life to the ground, sending me to darkness with those long dead.
4. And so my spirit fails me, my heart is full of fear.
5. I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on what you have done and consider the work of your hand.
6. I stretch out my hands to you, and thirst for you like a parched land.
7. O Lord, answer me quickly: my spirit is faint with yearning. Do not hide your face from me; save me from going down to the pit.
8. Let the dawn bring me word of your love, for in you alone I put my trust. Show me the way I should walk, for to you I lift up my soul.
9. Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for to you I flee for refuge.
10. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your Spirit lead me on a safe path.
11. Preserve me, O Lord, for your name's sake; free me from distress, in your justice.
12. You who are merciful, crush my enemies and destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.