1. A Canticle in steps. I rejoiced in the things that were said to me: “We shall go into the house of the Lord.”
2. Our feet were standing in your courts, O Jerusalem.
3. Jerusalem has been built as a city, whose participation is unto itself.
4. For to that place, the tribes ascended, the tribes of the Lord: the testimony of Israel, to confess to the name of the Lord.
5. For in that place, seats have sat down in judgment, seats above the house of David.
6. Petition for the things that are for the peace of Jerusalem, and for abundance for those who love you.
7. Let peace be in your virtue, and abundance in your towers.
8. For the sake of my brothers and my neighbors, I spoke peace about you.
9. For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I sought good things for you.