1. Unto the end. A Psalm of David.
2. Rescue me, O Lord, from the evil man. Rescue me from the iniquitous leader.
3. Those who have devised iniquities in their hearts: all day long they constructed conflicts.
4. They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. The venom of asps is under their lips.
5. Preserve me, O Lord, from the hand of the sinner, and rescue me from men of iniquity. They have decided to supplant my steps.
6. The arrogant have hidden a snare for me. And they have stretched out cords for a snare. They have placed a stumbling block for me near the road.
7. I said to the Lord: You are my God. O Lord, heed the voice of my supplication.
8. Lord, O Lord, the strength of my salvation: you have overshadowed my head in the day of war.
9. O Lord, do not hand me over to the sinner by my desire. They have plotted against me. Do not abandon me, lest they should triumph.
10. The head of those who encompass me, the labor of their lips, will overwhelm them.
11. Burning coals will fall upon them. You will cast them down into the fire, into miseries that they will not be able to withstand.
12. A talkative man will not be guided aright upon the earth. Evils will drag the unjust man unto utter ruin.
13. I know that the Lord will accomplish justice for the needy and vindication for the poor.
14. So then, truly, the just will confess your name, and the upright will dwell with your countenance.