1. A Psalm of David. Judge me, O God, and discern my cause from that of a nation not holy; rescue me from a man unjust and deceitful.
2. For you are God, my strength. Why have you rejected me? And why do I walk in sadness, while the adversary afflicts me?
3. Send forth your light and your truth. They have guided me and led me, to your holy mountain and into your tabernacles.
4. And I will enter, up to the altar of God, to God who enlivens my youthfulness. To you, O God, my God, I will confess upon a stringed instrument.
5. Why are you sad, my soul? And why do you disquiet me? Hope in God, for I will still give praise to him: the salvation of my countenance and my God.