1. A Psalm of David versus Goliath. Blessed is the Lord, my God, who trains my hands for the battle and my fingers for the war.
2. My mercy and my refuge, my supporter and my deliverer, my protector and him in whom I have hoped: he subdues my people under me.
3. O Lord, what is man that you have become known to him? Or the son of man that you consider him?
4. Man has been made similar to vanity. His days pass by like a shadow.
5. O Lord, incline your heavens and descend. Touch the mountains, and they will smoke.
6. Send a flash of lightning, and you will scatter them. Shoot your arrows, and you will set them in disarray.
7. Send forth your hand from on high: rescue me, and free me from many waters, from the hand of the sons of foreigners.
8. Their mouth has been speaking vain things, and their right hand is the right hand of iniquity.
9. To you, O God, I will sing a new song. On the psaltery, with an instrument of ten strings, I will sing psalms to you.
10. He gives salvation to kings. He has redeemed your servant David from the malignant sword.
11. Rescue me, and deliver me from the hand of the sons of foreigners. Their mouth has been speaking vain things, and their right hand is the right hand of iniquity.
12. Their sons are like new plantings in their youth. Their daughters are dressed up: adorned all around like the idols of a temple.
13. Their cupboards are full: overflowing from one thing into another. Their sheep bear young, brought forth in abundance.
14. Their cattle are fat. There is no ruined wall or passage, nor anyone crying out in their streets.
15. They have called the people that has these things: blessed. But blessed is the people whose God is the Lord.