1. Jotham was twenty-five years old when he became king and he reigned for sixteen years in Jerusalem. His mother was Jerushah, daughter of Zadok.
2. He did what is pleasing to Yahweh, just as his father Uzziah had done. But he did not enter the sanctuary of Yahweh. As for the people, they went on sinning.
3. He built the Upper Gate of Yahweh's House and carried out considerable work on the wall of the Ophel.
4. He built towns in the highlands of Judah, and fortified places and towers in the fertile lands.
5. He fought against the king of the Ammonites. He defeated them, and that year the Ammonites gave him four tons of silver, fifty thousand bushels of wheat and ten thousand of barley. And they had to pay him the same for the second and third years.
6. Jotham became powerful because he faithfully obeyed Yahweh his God.
7. The rest of the deeds of Jotham, all his wars and his policy, are recorded in the Book of the Kings of Israel and Judah.
8. He was twenty-five years old when he became king and he reigned for sixteen years in Jerusalem.
9. Then Jotham rested with his ancestors and they buried him in the City of David; his son Ahaz succeeded him.