1. Let your words strengthen sound doctrine.
2. Tell the older men to be sober, serious, wise, sound in faith, love and perseverance.
3. The older women in like manner must behave as befits holy women, not given to gossiping or drinking wine,
4. but as good counselors, able to teach younger women to love their husbands and children,
5. to be judicious and pure, to take care of their households, to be kind and submissive to their husbands, lest our faith be attacked.
6. Encourage the young men to be self-controlled.
7. Set them an example by your own way of doing. Let your teaching be earnest and sincere,
8. and your preaching beyond reproach. Then your opponents will feel ashamed and will have nothing to criticize.
9. Teach slaves to be subject to their masters, and to give satisfaction in every respect, instead of arguing.
10. They must not steal from them but be trustworthy. In this way they will draw everyone to admire the doctrine of God our Savior.
11. For God Savior has revealed his loving plan to all,
12. teaching us to reject an irreligious way of life and worldly greed, and to live in this world as responsible persons, upright and serving God,
13. while we await our blessed hope - the glorious manifestation of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus.
14. He gave himself for us, to redeem us from every evil and to purify a people he wanted to be his own and dedicated to what is good.
15. Teach these things, encourage and reprove with all authority. Let no one despise you.