1. Woe to those who plot wickedness and plan evil even on their beds! When morning comes they do it, as soon as it is within their reach.
2. If they covet fields, they seize them. Do they like houses? They take them. They seize the owner and his household, both the man and his property.
3. This is why Yahweh speaks, "I am plotting evil against this whole brood, from which your necks cannot escape. No more shall you walk with head held high for it will be an evil time."
4. On that day they will sing a taunting song against you and a bitter lamentation will be heard, "We have been stripped of our property in our homeland. Who will free us from the wicked who allots our fields."
5. Truly, no one will be found in the assembly of Yahweh to keep a field for you.
6. What will you say to that? For there is no reply. Disgrace will not pass away; these words will strike the nation of Jacob.
7. They answer, "Is the might of Yahweh weakened? Is this his way of working things out? Has he not good words for his people of Israel?"
8. But it is you who oppress my people and are his enemies. You strip off the garments of those who pass by confidently;
9. you drive the women of my people from the home they love; you rob my blessing from their children forever.
10. Get up! Away with you! There is no resting place for you here! Because of this uncleanness of yours, you will go roped up.
11. If a deceiver were to come and say, "I will preach to you of wine and strong drink," he would be the prophet for this people.
12. I shall assemble you, nation of Jacob, and gather the remnant of Israel. I will bring them together like sheep in a fold, like a flock in its pasture.
13. They have a leader in their midst. See: their king goes before them, Yahweh is heading them!