1. Jotham was twenty-five years old when he had begun to reign, and he reigned for sixteen years in Jerusalem. The name of his mother was Jerusha, the daughter of Zadok.
2. And he did what was right before the Lord, in accord with all that his father, Uzziah, had done, except that he did not enter into the temple of the Lord, and still the people were transgressing.
3. He improved the high gate of the house of the Lord. And he built many things upon the wall of Ophel.
4. Also, he built cities in the mountains of Judah, and fortresses and towers in the forests.
5. He fought against the king of the sons of Ammon, and he defeated them. And at that time, the sons of Ammon gave to him one hundred talents of silver, and ten thousand cor of wheat, and the same number of cor of barley. These things the sons of Ammon offered to him in the second and third year.
6. And Jotham was strengthened, because he had directed his way before the Lord his God.
7. Now the rest of the words of Jotham, and all his battles and works, have been written in the book of the kings of Israel and Judah.
8. He was twenty-five years old when he had begun to reign, and he reigned for sixteen years in Jerusalem.
9. And Jotham slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the City of David. And his son, Ahaz, reigned in his place.