1. Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, while Satan stood at his right hand to accuse him.
2. And the angel of the LORD said to Satan, "May the LORD rebuke you, Satan; may the LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this man a brand snatched from the fire?"
3. Now Joshua was standing before the angel, clad in filthy garments.
4. He spoke and said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy garments, and clothe him in festal garments."
5. He also said, "Put a clean miter on his head." And they put a clean miter on his head and clothed him with the garments. Then the angel of the LORD, standing, said, "See, I have taken away your guilt."
6. The angel of the LORD then gave Joshua this assurance:
7. "Thus says the LORD of hosts: If you walk in my ways and heed my charge, you shall judge my house and keep my courts, and I will give you access among these standing here.
8. Listen, O Joshua, high priest! You and your associates who sit before you are men of good omen. Yes, I will bring my servant the Shoot.
9. Look at the stone that I have placed before Joshua, one stone with seven facets. I will engrave its inscription, says the LORD of hosts, and I will take away the guilt of the land in one day.
10. On that day, says the LORD of hosts, you will invite one another under your vines and fig trees."