1. Thus the word of the LORD came to me:
2. Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir, and prophesy against it.
3. Say to it: Thus says the Lord GOD: See! I am coming at you, Mount Seir. I will stretch out my hand against you and make you a desolate waste.
4. Your cities I will turn into ruins, and you shall be a waste; thus you shall know that I am the LORD.
5. Because you never let die your hatred for the Israelites, whom you delivered over to the power of the sword at the time of their trouble, when their crimes came to an end,
6. therefore, as I live, says the Lord GOD, you have been guilty of blood, and blood, I swear, shall pursue you.
7. I will make Mount Seir a desolate waste, and cut off from it any traveler.
8. With the slain I will fill your hills, your valleys, and all your ravines (in them the slain shall fall by the sword):
9. desolate will I make you forever, and leave your cities without inhabitants; thus you shall know that I am the LORD.
10. Because you said: The two nations and the two lands have become mine; we shall possess them--although the LORD was there--
11. therefore, as I live, says the Lord GOD, I will deal with you according to your anger and your envy which you have exercised (in your hatred) against them. I will make myself known among you when I judge you,
12. and you shall know that I am the LORD. I have heard all the contemptuous things you have uttered against the mountains of Israel: "They are desolate, they have been given us to devour."
13. I have heard the insolent and wild words you have spoken against me.
14. Thus says the Lord GOD: Just as you rejoiced over my land because it was desolate, so will I do to you.
15. In keeping with your glee over the devastation of the inheritance of the house of Israel, so will I treat you. A waste shall you be, Mount Seir, you and the whole of Edom. Thus they shall know that I am the LORD.