1. "Come, let us return to the LORD; for he has torn, that he may heal us; he has stricken, and he will bind us up.
2. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him.
3. Let us know, let us press on to know the LORD; his going forth is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."
4. What shall I do with you, O E'phraim? What shall I do with you, O Judah? Your love is like a morning cloud, like the dew that goes early away.
5. Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets, I have slain them by the words of my mouth, and my judgment goes forth as the light.
6. For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God, rather than burnt offerings.
7. But at Adam they transgressed the covenant; there they dealt faithlessly with me.
8. Gilead is a city of evildoers, tracked with blood.
9. As robbers lie in wait for a man, so the priests are banded together; they murder on the way to Shechem, yea, they commit villainy.
10. In the house of Israel I have seen a horrible thing; E'phraim's harlotry is there, Israel is defiled.
11. For you also, O Judah, a harvest is appointed. When I would restore the fortunes of my people,